Sunday, July 30, 2017

Week 5 Reflection

Hello all!

So, as I said at the end of last week, this past week was very busy for me. Monday through Friday I was at Florida High from 8am-8pm running band camp by myself. That left little time to get things accomplished for this class and my change management class. Although stressful, I got it all done. This upcoming week is going to be even worse because in addition to week 2 of band camp, pre planning for the high school I teach at that is 45 minutes away begins. So I will be running back and forth.

This week I really enjoyed the produsage project. I was not able to officially finish it until today, but I enjoyed the experience overall. It forced me to think outside of my math lesson plan box. I chose a topic in sociology and it can be seen here. I thought it would be easy to find applications for the Web 2.0 tools I have been playing with throughout the semester, but it was more difficult than I initially thought. I completely forgot that we posted out knowledge sharing and tracking projects for the entire class to see, so when I posted my produsage one for the class, I checked out comments on that one. While I have very much enjoyed the content of this class, I am very excited for this upcoming week to be the last. Just one semester left until graduation!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You're almost there! You sure do sound like a busy person. Keeping up with life and school can be very stressful. And then there’s band camp on top of everything else! You know what though? It sounds like you’ve got it all under control. We will get some much needed relax time after this week.

    It’s always fun to receive comments on the projects and blogs we do in class. I had a great comment on one of my projects that helped me to generate cool hashtags for my twitter posts. I found the comment very helpful. So much time goes into building these projects that it is great to hear feedback on what you’ve created. Because when nobody leaves a comment and it seems Googlebot won’t even stop by the site. Well, those are just sad times. Keep up the hard work it gets noticed.

    ReplyDelete