Sunday, July 16, 2017

Google Maps: Your in pocket guide to the best Restaraunts

Hello all!

For those of you who do not know, I am a high school teacher. This means that my lunches are limited to 25 minutes, and consist of cafeteria food, or food I bring myself. So, when I started my internship where I was allowed to leave to get lunch for up to an hour, I was elated. I decided to tryout Google maps search nearby feature to check out different places to eat. While on the app, I noticed that you could give live feedback on how busy a place was at that moment. Google used that information to display general "busy" times at a given place.

This is such a neat feature, because in addition to that, people are giving feedback that displays in the app along side these busy times. This is a feature that 20 years ago, did not exist. Google Maps is allowing users to interact in a way that never existed. You can get reviews and feedback from real people rather than reading a critics review in the newspaper. I started finding myself checking out these reviews before going anywhere to eat, and even at places such as my nail salon. Now, some of the feedback was a little extreme because of one person's personal bad experience, but overall it was great. I'm kind of sad that my internship is over now and I will no longer be able to use it as my in pocket guide to restaraunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment