Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Net Neutrality

Hello all!

Today is the day of action for net neutrality, so I thought it is only fitting that it is the topic of my blog post. I have been reading so many articles from different news sources, and the comments people have to go along with them. This has all turned into a huge political debate of republicans against liberals. The fact that the internet has gotten so big and widely popular so that this is even an issue is crazy to me. It makes me think back to one of Vanessa’s first comments about how only a few people accessed the internet and those that did could only read content, not contribute to it.

Now, everyone has access to the internet so, debates such as this one ensue.  The big news sources are all saying the same things back and forth, but what I find interesting is reading through the comments people are making on these articles. A lot of them are using analogies to make their points, and some of them are easier to understand than what the news sources are spewing. I went on to Reddit to observe for my community paper, and the first thing that popped up was this long, slowly loading message seen below. Other websites are posting similar messages. What do you all think about net neutrality?

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely in favor of net neutrality. Sounds like the beginning of the book 1984 if we lost net neutrality.

    ReplyDelete