Sunday, July 30, 2017

Google Slides Q&A Feature

Hello all!

As I was working on my produsage project, I came across a feature that I never knew existed: Q&A during the presentation. You can check out my project here which has screenshots of this feature in Appendix C. Basically, the presenter turns on the Q&A mode during the presentation and shares a link to the Q&A forum with the audience. The audience then types the link into their phone or computer and is in the forum. At any point during the presentation, the audience can type questions in that will appear to the presenter. The presenter sees the question and can choose to answer it then, project it for the entire room to see, or save it for later.

Another cool feature of this is that other audience members can up/down vote questions which helps the presenter pick the ones that are most desired. For example, if they are presenting to a huge lecture hall, it is hard to sift through all of the questions. But, if people are liking the questions they have, it is easier for the presenter to see what is most important. I wish I had known about this feature when I had given presentations in the past. It would have helped a lot with interacting with the audience and getting past the boring "Questions?" slide just slapped onto to the end. For anyone giving a presentation or assigning a presentation assignment to a group of students, I definitely suggest using this feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment