Thursday, July 20, 2017

Facebook live, YouTube live, Instagram live, Everything live!

Hello all!

I was just on the phone with my father, and he brought up YouTube live. I was confused because I did not realize YouTube had constant live videos. When the presidential inauguration was going on, I used YouTube's live news channels like CNN and Fox News to air it in my classroom for my students to watch. But, I did not realize it was a constant thing. My father had me search "space station live" and wow at the videos I found. I would try to link here but because they change constantly, I just suggest searching it for yourself. It is really fascinating!

This wave of live streaming for the everyday user has become a phenomenon over the past year. Pages I follow on Instagram constantly have live feeds going, especially my friends. On Facebook, ads have now become "live". I was confused because a woman I did not know or recognize was curling her hair on my news feed. I clicked on the video to realize it was a live ad.

This accessibility for everyone to create a live video has benefits and drawbacks. There are people out there abusing live by putting harmful videos out there, but for the most part, it is a great way for companies and gurus to show you what they are dong in the moment. It catches your attention because it is happening right then and there. There is a certain appeal that catches my interest more than if the video was prerecorded. What do you all think about _______ live?

2 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of live. i dont see the necessity of seeing something live. Plus I cannot fast forward watching a live stream. One occasion is the exception--New Year countdown. I watch the celebration live every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Morning Evening,

    Do you feel the same way about live news coverage? Or just things that are more entertainment centered?

    ReplyDelete