Thursday, July 6, 2017

Hashtags for your Children

Hello all!

     So today I am going to be talking about something I have been seeing for a few years now. Hashtags for your children. Friends on my Facebook and Instagram have been putting hashtags on posts about their children (I am sure that they do it for their Twitters as well but I just started Twitter so I do not know). For example, if my parents were to write a post or upload a picture of me, they would add "#mallorymarie". I have noticed this format of first name, middle name to be the most common. Others I have seen play on the child's name like "#palmerpost".
     At first I found this strange but realized that when you click on the hashtag, everything that has ever been written about the child appears. So, the parents are creating ways to quickly link all of the information together. Since this has only been a trend I have seen for about 5 years now, the kids are not old enough to explore the hashtag of themselves yet. I think it would be really interesting  to see their reactions to this. Such a neat way to use hashtags for your personal life!

4 comments:

  1. My friend does this on Facebook and Instagram. Luckily her account is private so the hastag #ekg1014 won't show up unless the post are public.

    I think it's a great way to house a collection of photos. Especially if there is a birthday or event; others may have pictures and can upload them with the hashtag to share photos easily.

    Not to mention all the family members who can quickly search the hashtag and look through the pictures!

    Such a great idea! Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca,

      It is such a great way to connect at an event! A lot of people are using hashtags at their weddings to quickly be able to find posts. So neat!

      Delete
  2. I think it's great as well (assuming you're still using those accounts when their older)! I've also been to several weddings where you're asked to use their hashtag when you post pics from their wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli,

      I just now saw this after replying to Rebecca's post above, I love the weddings with hashtags! Especially when it is a fun play off of their married name.

      Delete