Friday, July 7, 2017

Radio Hosts ask Listeners to Tweet @ them

Hello all!

So on my way to my internship this morning, I was listening to the radio. I had it tuned in to one of the regular morning shows I listen to (mostly entertainment based). On this show, they constantly have callers on about various topics. The one I was listening to was what is something your child does that makes them a little strange? It is meant to be funny and people call in as well as text their line. However, one thing I never noticed until taking this class was them saying "tweet at us and include the hashtag "..." so we can read about your kids quirk!".

Image result for car radioI thought to myself, wow, what a brilliant way to engage with their listeners. Since they can only have one caller on the phone at a time, it would be crazy to for them to try and answer every call, and sort through the good ones. But, with people tweeting at them, they could quickly read their listeners tweets about their kids, and read the good ones out on the radio. Occasionally they will try to contact the listener by calling them to get more of the story (because as well all know now, twitter has a very strict character limit. I was just so fascinated to see Web 2.0 social networks in the real-world integrated so effortlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment