Friday, July 28, 2017

Using Groupme to Plan for Band Camp

Hello all!

So this past week was the first of two weeks of band camp. This is the week where I ran things myself while the band director was in London, so there was a lot of things that needed to be done. Earlier in the week I talked about the system I made for teaching. It went really well and by the last day, the kids had a great fundamental understanding of how to march.

In the evenings, I wouldn't communicate with leadership on the Groupme app which I spoke about in a previous post. It was amazing because I was able to talk with different groups about how things went and their thoughts on what could be done differently to make things better, all from laying in bed. I already had a new appreciation for this app, but this past week has made me gain a larger one.

No comments:

Post a Comment